If you are a parent or guardian, we encourage you to become involved in your children’s online experience, and to share your knowledge and experience with your young ones. If you are under 13, please do not register for the Mosq Guide Services or provide us with any contact or other information, including your name, address or email address. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you must obtain permission from your parent or guardian before registering for the Mosq Guide Services or otherwise sending any contact or other information to Mosq Guide.
Information You Provide Directly Through Our Services
We and our service providers collect a variety of contact and other information about you that you provide directly through our Services, including your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, password, age, payment card information, country of residence, communications and content preferences, and your favorite Member stations. We may collect such information when you:
- Register for an Mosq Guide account, application programming interface (API) content access, or any Mosq Guide email newsletter.
- Email, text or otherwise share a story from any of the Mosq Guide Services.
- Contact us for information or to ask a question.
- Make a purchase from the Mosq Guide Shop.
- Post, upload, or otherwise submit a comment, story idea, essay, photo, or other content to Mosq Guide.
- Register for an Mosq Guide tour or event or any contest we sponsor.
- Apply for a job, internship or fellowship at Mosq Guide.
- If you choose to participate in a survey, we may ask you to provide your date of birth, gender, education level, information about your employment, income level and other information.
- Make a donation to Mosq Guide or an Mosq Guide Member station or submit a related inquiry.
- Otherwise volunteer information to us or respond to a request for information through any of our Services.
Information Collected Automatically Through Technology
As you navigate our Services, we and our service providers also automatically collect a variety of information about your interactions with our Services. Depending on which Mosq Guide Services you use and how you access them, the information collected automatically may include:
- The Internet Protocol address (IP address) of the computer or device you used to access an Mosq Guide Service and information about your Internet Service Provider.
- The website, application, platform or service you visited before and after visiting an Mosq Guide Service.
- Information about your computer or mobile device, and its browser, operating system, settings and software.
- Unique device identifiers on the mobile device you used to access an Mosq Guide Service, including, as applicable, the Apple IDFA (Identifier for Advertisers) or Google Android Advertising ID.
- Your approximate geographic location information (derived from request header information, such as your IP address) and/or more precise location if you have given Mosq Guide explicit consent to receive this information for an Mosq Guide mobile application on your mobile device.
- Automobile make (for certain connected car platforms).
- The dates, times, duration and frequency of your interactions with our Services, any search terms you enter, the media files you listen to, download, view, email, text or otherwise share, favorites you select, and your navigation path through our Services.
- Listening data, including information about your interactions with Mosq Guide podcasts and other media files.
- Information about your interactions with our email messages.
Use of Information
We and our service providers may use the information collected from you (whether provided by you directly or automatically collected through technology) to:
- Manage, administer, promote, analyze and improve our Services.
- Respond to your questions or messages and fulfill your orders or requests for services.
- Customize the content you see and hear on our Services, including offering content from Mosq Guide Member stations associated with your account or located near you and offering other content that may be of interest to you.
- Customize the sponsorship credits you see and hear on our Services and on third-party services you may use or visit.
- Recognize you as the same user as you access our Services using different computers, devices and browsers.
- Send you email newsletters and marketing, fundraising, membership and other communications from Mosq Guide and our Member stations.
- Publish, broadcast or otherwise use stories or information you submit to us.
- Generate aggregate or other information that does not directly identify you as an individual or the devices you use to access our Services, and use and share that information for Mosq Guide s purposes.
We also may use the information collected from you in other ways, and for other purposes, that are described to you at the point of collection or for which we otherwise have obtained your consent.
Disclosure of Information
We also may share your name, email address and other personal information:
- With our Member stations, who may use this information for internal purposes and to send you email newsletters and marketing, fundraising, membership and other communications.
- With our authorized service providers for purposes of providing services on our behalf.
- With our authorized third-party applications for purposes of providing certain Mosq Guide Services to you on the applications.
- If we sell an Mosq Guide Service or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- To protect or defend the rights of Mosq Guide, our Member stations, our users or others.
- When required by law or public authorities.
- With persons we contact on your behalf when you choose to email, text, or otherwise share a story or other content through our Services.
- With other parties if we have disclosed such sharing to you at the time of collection of the information or if we otherwise have your consent.
- If you provide registration information to us, you can sign in to your Mosq Guide account or contact usto update or correct that information at any time.
- If you do not want us to share your name, contact or other information with Member stations, you can contact us.
- You can stop the delivery of marketing emails or email newsletters from Mosq Guide by following the unsubscribe instructions in any such email you receive. You also can sign in to your Mosq Guide account to manage your Mosq Guide email newsletter subscriptions or contact us.
- If you grant your consent to our collection of your precise mobile device location information, you can revoke your consent at any time by using the privacy settings of your device and/or the settings of the applicable Mosq Guide mobile application.
Security and Other Information
- At Mosq Guide, we recognize the importance of privacy to users of our Services.
- We have adopted safeguards to help protect sensitive information we collect, but no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Notice to Users Outside the U.S.